What is the easiest department store credit card to apply for with bad credit?

I’m interested in applying for a department store credit card like Carsons, Target, Wal-Mart, etc. However, my credit is not all that great right now but I would like a chance to RE-BUILD it. Does anyone have any experience with getting a department store credit card but you had bad credit? I appreciate and thank-you guys in advance for your kind answers and intelligent business advice.

...asked on April 14th, 2012 @ 4:05 am in Credit Card - Business

Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

I don’t think any store will do it. But you can go to your bank and if they offer secured credit cards, you can do that. You put $ 500 into a savings account and they give you a credit card with a $ 500 limit. Your money in the savings account is collateral incase you don’t pay. If you do really good, in about 6 months you can try for department store cards. lol.

...answered by JACKIE A on April 14, 2012 @ 4:50 am

Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

Do you have a checking account that offers the visa/debit card? If not, go get one.
This card WILL show up on your credit report even though its a visa debit. (well it did for me).

...answered by Judy on April 14, 2012 @ 4:57 am

Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

It depends on whether or not you have unpaid bills on your report. If you do, it will be hard to convince a credit card company that you’re going to pay them.

You might try local merchants such as American Eagle, or a jewelry store. They’re pretty easy to get.

...answered by latebreakfast on April 14, 2012 @ 5:56 am

Answer This Question

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

Please note that answers are heavily moderated to maintain a high quality level within this site. Quality answers will appear much quicker than low quality answers. Thank you.